Senior Prospect Development Analyst
NC State seeks a Prospect Development Senior Analyst (focusing on Prospect Management) with strong communication and interpersonal skills, good judgement, and problem-solving skills. Must be motivated and dedicated to the goals of advancing higher education.
- The successful candidate will manage prospect progress through the cultivation cycle through careful analysis, reporting and support. They will implement business processes for prospect and pipeline data tracking, helping to ensure prospect portfolios contain a mix of prospects at appropriate stages, size, and capacity.
- The Senior Analyst will partner with the Director of Prospect Development and Development Officers to review prospect portfolios on a regular basis, identifying solutions when needed.
- The Senior Analyst will partner with reporting colleagues to develop and refine automated reports for investigation and interpretation in an attempt to refine, develop, and regulate portfolio and pipeline activities.
- The Senior Analyst will work closely and collegially with other members of the Prospect Development staff in developing and filling portfolios, identifying development team training needs, refining policy and procedure, and acting as an activist for effective moves management activity.
- The Senior Analyst reports to the Director of Prospect Development, and works strategically and synergistically with the other members of Advancement Services on all levels, with the University’s Office of Central Development, and with college and unit-based development personnel to accomplish each unit’s goals.
- Use NC State’s CRM system (Ellucian Advance), Excel and/or other dashboard tools to provide detailed statistics of the prospect pool, including how many prospects at rating levels and prospect stages, donors vs. non-donors, assigned vs. unassigned, as well as prospect pools by school or group or division, by geographical location and other segments.
- Assist in, and in some cases lead, discussions and activities related to active portfolio management, review, dissolution, and maintenance.
- Isolate, investigate, and implement opportunities for continual system and procedural improvements in moves management.
- Provide timely and reliable high-level qualitative and quantitative trend analysis that supports the strategic and operational effectiveness of NC State’s major and principal gift programs.
- Serve as training support for Prospect Management best practices.
- Ensure high data integrity by managing the prospect management audit schedule (unassigned prospects with proposals; vacant holding pools; transfers of prospects and Discovery assignments, etc.)
- Create and update prospect management policy documentation as needed.
- Advocate for, and represent, policy best practices while acknowledging the need for flexibility and evolution as institutional needs may arise.