College of Humanities and Social Sciences
Director of Development
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Director of Development (DoD) will manage and help oversee the complete range of development activities in support of the College of Humanities and Social Sciences (CHASS). This work will include leveraging NCSU’s fundraising technology and training tools (e.g. Blackbaud FPM and Plus Delta curriculum), related to major gift fundraising from individuals to achieve annual meeting, solicitation, and gifts closed goals.
While focused on a strong campaign close, the DoD will articulate a long-term vision for CHASS providing strategic prospect coverage for the College’s 10 departments and numerous cross-College initiatives, increasing the pipeline of $100,000+ prospects, and collaborating with the central major gifts team to maximize CHASS alumni giving. The position works in close collaboration with the CHASS advancement team, college leadership, faculty, and volunteers providing strategic thought leadership on behalf of the department and the Executive Director.
Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Lead and manage fundraising activities in support of the College of Humanities and Social Sciences including campaign planning.
- Identify, cultivate, solicit, and steward gifts with a focus on increasing the pipeline of major gifts ($100,000 and above), prospects and private support.
- Consistently meet individual contact and fundraising goals including monthly meetings and participation in annual solicitations.
- Actively develop and manage a portfolio of 100+ major gift prospects and donors.
- Independently develop and lead strategy; partner with the Dean, other college leaders and University Advancement colleagues across campus.
- Manage relationship with the Institute for Nonprofits and its volunteer board.
- Develop strategic relationships among senior academic leaders, faculty, alumni, friends, and campus colleagues that result in effective partnerships, alignment of donors’ philanthropic interests and increased philanthropic funding.
- Coordination of stewardship and recognition efforts as needed with appropriate CHASS and University Advancement colleagues.
- Represent CHASS at college and university-wide donor events.