As a research-extensive land-grant university, North Carolina State University is dedicated to excellent teaching, the creation and application of knowledge, and engagement with public and private partners. By uniting our strength in science and technology with a commitment to excellence in a comprehensive range of disciplines, NC State promotes an integrated approach to problem solving that transforms lives and provides leadership for social, economic, and technological development across North Carolina and around the world.
- NC State University Board of Trustees, 4/22/11
- UNC Board of Governors, 6/10/11
NC State Vision
As a preeminent public research university, NC State University will be increasingly recognized nationally and internationally for its innovation in education, research, scholarship and engagement that solves the world’s most critical challenges. NC State will be known as a diverse, equitable and inclusive community that has a transformative impact on society and advances the greater good.
NC State Values
Consistent with our mission and vision, NC State affirms these core values that direct our actions and align our decision-making with the best interests of the Wolfpack community:
- Excellence — in innovation, education and discovery, reflected in our unwavering commitment to pursue research and scholarship that solve problems and advance the greater good.
- Inclusion — through a culture that promotes personal excellence and institutional equity by seeking, welcoming and supporting individuals and ideas from a broad diversity of backgrounds.
- Integrity — in all we do, reflected in our commitment to the highest standards of ethical behavior and our dedication to transparency and accountability in governance.
- Sustainability — in our commitment to wise stewardship of resources, prudent financial planning and environmentally responsible operations.
- Community — in how we respect and care for all at our university, value the contributions of every member of our Wolfpack, promote health and well-being, and help one another succeed.
- Freedom — in thought, expression, inquiry and dialogue as a critical part of our mission to pursue and disseminate knowledge while promoting civil and respectful discourse.
- Collaboration — across colleges, disciplines and perspectives, and in how we partner with a broad range of organizations to find solutions to challenges at home and around the world.