As a research-extensive land-grant university, North Carolina State University is dedicated to excellent teaching, the creation and application of knowledge, and engagement with public and private partners. By uniting our strength in science and technology with a commitment to excellence in a comprehensive range of disciplines, NC State promotes an integrated approach to problem solving that transforms lives and provides leadership for social, economic, and technological development across North Carolina and around the world.
- NC State University Board of Trustees, 4/22/11
- UNC Board of Governors, 6/10/11
NC State Vision
NC State University will emerge as a preeminent technological research university recognized around the globe for its innovative education and research addressing the grand challenges of society.
NC State Values
Consonant with our history, mission, and vision, North Carolina State University affirms these core values:
- Integrity—in the pursuit, creation, application, and dissemination of knowledge
- Freedom—of thought and expression
- Respect—for cultural and intellectual diversity
- Responsibility—for individual actions and service to society
- Stewardship—in sustaining economic and natural resources
- Excellence—in all endeavors
Our Plan in Action
Our initiatives make NC State a national leader in strategic planning. Their execution charts a course to success for the entire campus community.
Five-Year Student Success Report: 2011-2016
The Office of the Executive Vice Chancellor and Provost strengthens NC State’s academic reputation through a wide range of experiential educational opportunities. This report provides a window into activities and initiatives that support a holistic view of success that equips students for real-world impact.