As part of NC State’s marketing content team, the marketing writer will take a leadership and advocacy role in writing promotional copy and creating innovative platforms and concepts that achieve the strategic goals of the university. The writer will work closely with University Communications team members to develop, write and implement branded content, advertising copy, web copy, long-form writing (including popular science writing), and a wide variety of project work across multiple channels. The writer will serve on a broader marketing team of directors, designers, developers, and writers and help to guide the direction of marketing and research communications at NC State.
Departmental Required Skills:
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Considerable knowledge of English grammar, composition, and style; ability to proofread materials for accuracy and consistency
- A versatility and enthusiasm for adapting to new writing styles and writing for an array of age groups, constituencies and goals
This position serves as a graphic designer and is responsible for maintaining and reinforcing the brand identity, creating internal and external marketing communications, and designing digital and print campaigns that bring our brand to life.
The right candidate will have a background in a broad variety of design mediums including creating innovative print collateral as a thoughtful component of digital-first marketing campaigns. Our designers work in a team environment and are responsible for executing projects from concept through final production and implementation.
- Work as part of a team of marketing and communication specialists to conceptualize and create a broad variety of effective websites and other projects that are on-brand and meet institutional needs and goals.
- Plan and manage all visual design stages from conception through delivery
- Create wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows, and site maps to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas
- Develop and maintain solid relationships with co-workers, clients and customers by listening, understanding, and responding to develop on-brand communication and design solutions that meet the client’s needs and budget.
- Present designs and key milestone deliverables to peers and client relations stakeholders
- Ensure web designs are optimized for mobile using native mobile app and responsive design techniques and best practices.
- Prioritize tasks to handle multiple design jobs in an efficient and timely manner.
- Track hours and work with project coordinators to keep projects within established timeline and budget parameters