Associate Executive Director--Membership and Affinity Partnerships
The Associate Executive Director of Membership and Affinity Partnerships is responsible for building membership, engagement, and strategic partnerships for the NC State Alumni Association. This position is responsible for generating the majority of the annual revenue budget for the Alumni Association. The position provides senior leadership to programs including Homecoming (red and white week), the Alumni Association Ambassadors and the university’s largest student organization, the Student Alumni Association. In addition, this position oversees Alumni Career Services and leads the efforts that sell advertising in the Alumni Magazine and sponsorships and affinity partnerships for the Alumni Association.
- Work closely with the Alumni Association Marketing and Communications team to produce scheduled membership campaigns
- Identify and vet new funding opportunities that support the Alumni Association’s mission.
- Lead collaborative meetings between the Alumni Association’s areas of operation to optimize programming with an eye to financial accountability.
- Engage the business community from an alumni relations perspective by working with the University Office of Economic Partnerships, the Office of Corporate and Foundation Relations, the University Career Center, area business chambers and civic organizations.
- Enact processes and procedures that ensure that alumni data and financial records are handled accurately and securely in accordance with applicable University policies.
- Occasional overnight travel in support Alumni programming
College of Humanities and Social Sciences
Director of Development
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Director of Development (DoD) will manage and help oversee the complete range of development activities in support of the College of Humanities and Social Sciences (CHASS). This work will include leveraging NCSU’s fundraising technology and training tools (e.g. Blackbaud FPM and Plus Delta curriculum), related to major gift fundraising from individuals to achieve annual meeting, solicitation, and gifts closed goals.
While focused on a strong campaign close, the DoD will articulate a long-term vision for CHASS providing strategic prospect coverage for the College’s 10 departments and numerous cross-College initiatives, increasing the pipeline of $100,000+ prospects, and collaborating with the central major gifts team to maximize CHASS alumni giving. The position works in close collaboration with the CHASS advancement team, college leadership, faculty, and volunteers providing strategic thought leadership on behalf of the department and the Executive Director.
Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Lead and manage fundraising activities in support of the College of Humanities and Social Sciences including campaign planning.
- Identify, cultivate, solicit, and steward gifts with a focus on increasing the pipeline of major gifts ($100,000 and above), prospects and private support.
- Consistently meet individual contact and fundraising goals including monthly meetings and participation in annual solicitations.
- Actively develop and manage a portfolio of 100+ major gift prospects and donors.
- Independently develop and lead strategy; partner with the Dean, other college leaders and University Advancement colleagues across campus.
- Manage relationship with the Institute for Nonprofits and its volunteer board.
- Develop strategic relationships among senior academic leaders, faculty, alumni, friends, and campus colleagues that result in effective partnerships, alignment of donors’ philanthropic interests and increased philanthropic funding.
- Coordination of stewardship and recognition efforts as needed with appropriate CHASS and University Advancement colleagues.
- Represent CHASS at college and university-wide donor events.
Senior Prospect Development Analyst
NC State seeks a Prospect Development Senior Analyst (focusing on Prospect Management) with strong communication and interpersonal skills, good judgement, and problem-solving skills. Must be motivated and dedicated to the goals of advancing higher education.
- The successful candidate will manage prospect progress through the cultivation cycle through careful analysis, reporting and support. They will implement business processes for prospect and pipeline data tracking, helping to ensure prospect portfolios contain a mix of prospects at appropriate stages, size, and capacity.
- The Senior Analyst will partner with the Director of Prospect Development and Development Officers to review prospect portfolios on a regular basis, identifying solutions when needed.
- The Senior Analyst will partner with reporting colleagues to develop and refine automated reports for investigation and interpretation in an attempt to refine, develop, and regulate portfolio and pipeline activities.
- The Senior Analyst will work closely and collegially with other members of the Prospect Development staff in developing and filling portfolios, identifying development team training needs, refining policy and procedure, and acting as an activist for effective moves management activity.
- The Senior Analyst reports to the Director of Prospect Development, and works strategically and synergistically with the other members of Advancement Services on all levels, with the University’s Office of Central Development, and with college and unit-based development personnel to accomplish each unit’s goals.
- Use NC State’s CRM system (Ellucian Advance), Excel and/or other dashboard tools to provide detailed statistics of the prospect pool, including how many prospects at rating levels and prospect stages, donors vs. non-donors, assigned vs. unassigned, as well as prospect pools by school or group or division, by geographical location and other segments.
- Assist in, and in some cases lead, discussions and activities related to active portfolio management, review, dissolution, and maintenance.
- Isolate, investigate, and implement opportunities for continual system and procedural improvements in moves management.
- Provide timely and reliable high-level qualitative and quantitative trend analysis that supports the strategic and operational effectiveness of NC State’s major and principal gift programs.
- Serve as training support for Prospect Management best practices.
- Ensure high data integrity by managing the prospect management audit schedule (unassigned prospects with proposals; vacant holding pools; transfers of prospects and Discovery assignments, etc.)
- Create and update prospect management policy documentation as needed.
- Advocate for, and represent, policy best practices while acknowledging the need for flexibility and evolution as institutional needs may arise.
As part of NC State’s marketing content team, the marketing writer will take a leadership and advocacy role in writing promotional copy and creating innovative platforms and concepts that achieve the strategic goals of the university. The writer will work closely with University Communications team members to develop, write and implement branded content, advertising copy, web copy, long-form writing (including popular science writing), and a wide variety of project work across multiple channels. The writer will serve on a broader marketing team of directors, designers, developers, and writers and help to guide the direction of marketing and research communications at NC State.
Departmental Required Skills:
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Considerable knowledge of English grammar, composition, and style; ability to proofread materials for accuracy and consistency
- A versatility and enthusiasm for adapting to new writing styles and writing for an array of age groups, constituencies and goals
This position serves as a graphic designer and is responsible for maintaining and reinforcing the brand identity, creating internal and external marketing communications, and designing digital and print campaigns that bring our brand to life.
The right candidate will have a background in a broad variety of design mediums including creating innovative print collateral as a thoughtful component of digital-first marketing campaigns. Our designers work in a team environment and are responsible for executing projects from concept through final production and implementation.
- Work as part of a team of marketing and communication specialists to conceptualize and create a broad variety of effective websites and other projects that are on-brand and meet institutional needs and goals.
- Plan and manage all visual design stages from conception through delivery
- Create wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows, and site maps to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas
- Develop and maintain solid relationships with co-workers, clients and customers by listening, understanding, and responding to develop on-brand communication and design solutions that meet the client’s needs and budget.
- Present designs and key milestone deliverables to peers and client relations stakeholders
- Ensure web designs are optimized for mobile using native mobile app and responsive design techniques and best practices.
- Prioritize tasks to handle multiple design jobs in an efficient and timely manner.
- Track hours and work with project coordinators to keep projects within established timeline and budget parameters